Whether you’re planning an outdoor wedding with natural accents or an evening reception dripping with elegant touches, I think it’s safe to say that most couples are interested in making their wedding memorable, while staying within budget. With that in mind, I brainstormed easy DIY ideas for uniquely lovely wedding tablescapes, using our line of linen-like tablecloths and affordable plastic table covers for weddings. Take your decor in whichever direction you desire: subtly beautiful or downright daring:
- Keep centerpieces simple. A bouquet of calla lilies, tulips, or tea roses that coordinate or contrast beautifully with the colors of your tablecloths can be very striking without breaking your budget. Natural, neutral flourishes like a burlap bow or a dramatic arrangement of simple branches and berries – whether in a vase or placed horizontally on the table – pack lots of beauty bang for not too many bucks.
- Classic colors are always in season. Tablecloths and table skirts in white, ivory, and black are always some of the most popular choices for weddings.
- Layer white tulle over colorful tablecloths and table skirts (popular colors for 2014 are dusty pink and gold). The effect is magical and whispery.
- Pair all white tables with chairs whose backs have been wrapped or bowed with a muted sherbet color, from peach to robin’s egg.
- Layer our diagonally over complementary colored table skirts for a handkerchief look.
- Go completely monochromatic – pair matching colored, white, or ivory plastic tablecloths with table skirts to highlight the printed detail in our beautiful, LINEN-LOOK™ embossed plastic table coverings and accessories. Embellish with tea light or votive candles on Ironstone trays or randomly intersperse with strings of white lights.
Beautifully Bold Tablescapes
- Bright flowers like gerbera daisies and mums add zip to your table. Add dramatic flair to your centerpiece by adding branches that have been painted gold, silver, or black.
- A single flower placed in a row of bud vases on a rectangular table makes a statement.
- Pair a solid tablecloth (we offer a variety of colors) with one of our metallic table skirts for a striking look. Throw an iridescent fabric runner on top for more impact.
- Coordinate your bridal party’s outfits with our wedding tablecloths, skirts, and valences.
- Yellows, from canary to mustard are popular in color-rich weddings this year. We offer table covers in bright yellow and understated harvest gold that perfectly balance fun and sophistication when paired with a silver or gray table skirt.
- You can go monochromatic too – just make sure it’s a “wow factor” color, like cranberry, pumpkin, or aubergine. Glowing, floatable solar powered globes in bowls of water will make your table spectacular.
Don’t forget other tabletop flourishes: Dishes can be simple white or sit atop brightly hued chargers, stemware can be traditional cut glass or minimal-modern, and artfully folded napkins pack additional visual punch. And who say flowers have to be in vases? Use baskets, silver mint julep cups, tin cans, colorful teapots, whatever says “you!”