Nutella Crack Pie
Oat Cookie Pie Crust:
9 TBLS. butter, room temp
5 1/2 TBLS. Brown Sugar
2 TBLS. sugar
1 large egg
3/4 cup plus 2 TBLS. rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
1/8 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350F, line a large baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray.
2. In a mixer, beat together 6 TBLS. of the butter, 4 TBLS. of the brown sugar, and 2 TBLS. of sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the egg and continue to beat in thoroughly.
4. Add the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat until well blended.
5. Spread oat mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 15-18 minutes until done. Remove and cool.
6. When cool, break into crumbs and add to a large bowl along with 3 TBLS. butter and 1 1.2 TBLS brown sugar. Rub together with fingertips until crumb mixture is moist enough to hold together in a clump when squeezed in your hand.
7. Spread mixture out into a lined baking tart pan (9x13) and using fingers press crumbs onto the bottom and sides to form a pie shell.
11/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup plus 3 TBLS brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup Nutella
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
8 egg yolks
*powdered sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugars and salt.
2. Whisk in Nutella, cream and vanilla on low speed.
3. Whisk in egg yolks on low speed,and combine well. It will appear loose.
4. Pour mixture into shell and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven to 325F and continue to cook for about 15-20 mintues until center is not too jiggly.
5. Cool on a rack, then keep in fridge for a couple of hours. It's best chilled. It continues to set in the refrigerator as it chills for a couple of hours or overnight.
HAPPY NUTELLA DAY :)